najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Souled

Souled - Diana Murdock At first look, Diana's Souled looked like a warrior book based somewhere in Scotland. Though a little bit misleading, the contents of the book took you on a roller coaster ride! And no, not in Scotland.

I didn't remember what the book was about when I started reading it. And sometimes, that's one of the things that keeps a book interesting. It makes a book a lot more surprising and less unpredictable if you avoid allowing the blurbs to cloud your imagination.

Souled began with a beautiful Poem. And ended with a good ending that makes you yearn to read more. In Souled, Seth is an okay character though he reminded me too much of a girl that I sometimes forgot that I was reading from a males point of view. I guess, I'm too used to reading from a females perspective. The female protagonist, Dani, on the other hand, I didn't like much. She is Seth's girlfriend and immediately I sided with him more than her. Seth loves her way too much and her feelings towards him felt dull and unbalanced. Like she was confused.

The plot was very enjoyable. It's something different though all the other elements are straight from the typical YA Paranormal Formula. The best part of the plot was the fact that it was fast paced and straight forward. No strays, and no confusing details.

I really liked Souled but not the concept of having another soul take over your body. That really freaks me out. *shivers*

Souled has all the elements of a YA Paranormal Romance but with a twist. Very enjoyable and a recommended read for all YA paranormal readers.