najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Crossed  - Ally Condie I was reluctant to continue the ‘Matched’ series, because I lost the drive to continue it even though I liked the first book a lot. I remember loving the poetic writing style and how beautifully the plot was written out in each chapter. But I learned not to expect the second book will be as good as the first one.

And true to my expectations, Crossed by Ally Condie was disappointing. It did have the same poetic writing style and beautiful breezy formatting and plot division. But it was too poetic that I just started getting bored really fast.

There was too much inner monologuing and way too much references to actual poems. And eventually, the book felt like it didn’t have much substance.

The plot continues where the first book left out and follows the characters Cassia and Ky, each getting their own chapters right after each other. I usually loved how some authors like to divide the chapters like that and the way we get to know what's on the mind of both the female and male protagonist. But in this book, I just hated it. And the only thing the book made me feel was impatience because I wanted the book to end!

Crossed by Ally Condie is well-written but lacks the plot and factor to keep a reader interested. A good read for the fans of the ‘Hunger Games’ and ‘Divergent’