najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Breaking the Reins - Juliana Haygert New Adult or NA, the newest genre to make it’s way in the market and is currently the hottest thing in the Indie sector of publishing and book blogging. I haven’t read many of NA books yet and this book marks the 3rd book I’ve read in the genre.

I’ve learned to not expect much from books since I always gave bad reviews to the books I expected way too much from. So, I read this book with zero expectations and I have to say. I loved it!
The beginning was a bit hard for me to get into, the writing seemed a bit off and I found it hard for me to click with the main character and there seemed way too much predictability but once things started picking up I went through the book really quickly. If I didn’t have 2 Jobs, I would have finished the book right before the Aug 16th.

Haygert put in domestic abuse, violence, polo (the sport) and saving animals into the story and that gave the whole book its depth and page-turning element. Though the book was based around the cliché romance, it was very unique and original in it’s own way. I even cried a few times as the main character tries to save an abused horse from itself and the heartbreaking moments between her and the man she is too scared to want.
All together, the book was a wonderful summer read. It was heart wrenching, beautiful and all together swoon-worthy. Haygert just needs to keep writing to improve the inner monologue of the main characters. So I’m confident after her fourth or fifth book, she will nail it!