najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

The Truth About Letting Go - Leigh Talbert Moore Leigh Talbert Moore always manages to write with a hidden message. This book is no different than her other work. The Truth About Letting Go gives you a sense of hope, tells you never to hide, numb or run away from the pain. But to accept it and let it go. Because that's the only way, you'll ever be able to move on.

Ashley Lockett is a popular, beautiful cheerleader, who went through a life changing tragedy. Her life went from perfect to horrid in the span of 6 months. Now, all she wants to do is numb out the pain with just about anyone. But then a rule-breaking athlete, Colt, rolls into town and he does everything in his power to make her his partner in crime. And together, Ashley does stupid things she never saw herself doing. Stupid things, she knows she'll regret.

Ashley is a likeable protagonist, and by default, the protagonists always annoys me one way or another. After her fathers death, Ashley becomes very self-destructive, irrational and all together stupid. She made bad choices in the worst time of her life and I can't blame her for making them. I just can't help but feel irritated by her when she cluelessly vandalizes things around her with a horndog like Colt. They may have steamy intimate moments but honestly, if I was her bestie, I'd knock her out of her stupidity and save her from the regret she'll surely be feeling when her head clears out.

Jordan and Charlotte are the new people in Ashley's life, that actually makes her face reality about her dad, her family and well, life. They're obviously the two people that she's better off with than Colt. But she doesn't want to be "safe", she wants adrenaline and a whole lot of rule breaking. And again, I'm annoyed at her stupid choices.

Ashley, eventually snaps out of her self-destructive phase and the journey of how she went from perfect to horrid then to acceptance is full of heartwarming, thrilling, and even swoon-worthy scenes.

To sum it all up, This book, tells you The Truth About Letting Go. The journey it takes you starting with the tears, the pain, the anger, the regret, the despair, the acceptance, and ending with letting go. Leigh portrayed the message loud and clear with appropriate characters, the friendship and the love story that helps Ashley recover from the heartbreak of losing a parent. An unputdownable contemporary romance filled with heart-wrenching moments, and a beautiful message that will make you cry as you go through the book with the protagonist.