najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

How to Ruin a Summer Vacation - Simone Elkeles I love Simone Elkeles, her writing style, her plots, her creativity, and her endless courage to write about whatever she wants whenever she wants to. And the first book of the How to Ruin series, is just another addition to the risk-taking, heart wrenching books she's ever written.

Simone used a different scenario that is a touchy subject to a lot of people. Either way, she pulled it off. I adored how she portrayed Israel, the people and everything else about it. The characters on the other hand were sweet and great. BUT the protagonist, oh my goodness, she annoyed me so much! She was obnoxious, irritating, rude, and harnessed an attitude that is so unbearable to me that I nearly stopped reading the book right then and there. She really ticked me off.

In hopes that I would warm up to her, I continued on reading. Though she changed a lot during her trip to Israel. I am still not entirely okay with her attitude. At some point, I usually find characters with her attitude entertaining and hilarious but Amy... nope. Don't like her much at all.

Despite that flaw, I really loved the life changing lessons you get from Simone Elkeles' books. In this first installment in How to Ruin, she teaches us to be grateful with what we have and always give people a chance. Otherwise, we'll just be leading a lonely life.

Overall, this is a wonderful start to her career. I just wished Amy was more likable to me. Hopefully, by the end of the series I'll like her more.