najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Kevin's Point of View - Del Shannon I can't believe it took me so long to pick up this book. Kevin's Point of View overstepped my expectations and simply blew me away. This is one book I will surely read to my kid brother, my son and even my future husband (who is in-touch with his inner child).

Kevin's Point of View is about Kevin, a very creative 12-year-old boy who's father recently passed away. Because of the pain and hardships he faced during the time of his fathers death. Kevin develops an imaginary way to overcome them. He some how turns himself and everyone around him into cartoon and fictional characters to get through hardships and literal bumps in the road. Now, all that sounds pretty dramatic and serious but it isn't what it sounds like. This book is full of fun and adventures which all starts when Kevin is sent a mysterious package that takes him on that roller coaster ride of adventures.

I really enjoyed this book. The writing style of Del Shannon was so smooth and straight to the point, it's hard not to enjoy a book this free flowing. The characters in the book are all great. My favorite would be the down-to-earth pizza dude, Scratch. Who made me laugh so many times I couldn't help but declare him my favorite.

The plot of the book had so much depth, it actually surprised me. To be honest, when I started reading this book, I didn't remember what Kevin's point of view was really about (aside from the fact that Kevin was the protagonist). So yet again, I blindly went through the book thinking that it was a compilation of different types of adventures Kevin has gone through. But it's not. It is one BIG adventure that began roughly and full of excitement and ended with tears and happy endings.

Kevin's Point of View blew me away with its originality, vibrance and fun. An awesome book great for kids, pre-teens, young adults and everyone else who'd like to go embark on a cute adventure with Kevin and his best bud, Tony.