najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend - Kody Keplinger Somehow, I am oddly drawn by books that have female protagonists with a sharp tongue. They're haters, they complain about those around her and bottom line... She doesn't stick around people who are intolerable to her. Though these qualities can be very discouraging in real life. But in a book, the authors always make them not so bad and not so good. A combination that is almost too perfect that one can't help but keep on reading. Bianca Piper is that cynical protagonist I'm raving about.

Bianca Piper is the DUFF amongst her two best friend. The DUFF can be defined as a friend amongst a closed circle of girls who are so pretty that they over shadow this DUFF, or in full form, The Designated Ugly Fat Friend. It's a mean term but it's a term that is actually used in real life. Surprising enough, her friends are not dense air heads who only think about boys, popularity and being beautiful. Her friends Jessica and Casey are the sweetest bunch ever. This is a definite plus for me.

The book started off really quick two to three chapters and you will be hooked. I loved how fast-paced the book was, I loved it even more when it drove me off the railings here and there. Bianca is one impulsive girl and she will drive you nuts in a good way.

I've read a lot of teen books and by far, the realistic romances are my favorites. And The Duff definitely has this. Though Bianca might be using her romance with the schools playboy as a way to escape real life, I can't help but rave about that too.

I am so impressed with the authors writing style, she was 18 when she wrote this book and I adored her concept, characters and everything else that came along with the book. Only thing I would change about the book was how abruptly it ended. Maybe if that part was less predictable and more smooth the book would have been even more amazing. Everything else about this book was absolutely addicting! I simply couldn't put it down. If I had the time and patience to read a book twice, I would do it starting with The DUFF.