najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Some Girls Are - Courtney Summers Extremely mean popular girls and high school do NOT mix. It gets even worse when one of these popular girls are frozen-out of the group and is the new subject of the cliche's torture. The reasons for this, you'll have to find out on your own.

Regina A. was the best friend of the Queen Bee, Anna. And together they would victimize various people and make their high school lives a living hell. Doesn't this plot sound familiar? It's nothing new and it is reality. The story began and continued on being very angsty and well good. But when Regina started stupidly making things worse for herself - I just couldn't help but seriously get frustrated with the book.

One thing I really enjoyed was the presence of Regina's "Someone to hold onto" otherwise known as Michael. Being bullied everyday brings out the kind of stress, pain and hurt that no one desires. And the presence of Michael in Regina's high school life, made it bearable for her. It even turned her into a fighter.

6 - 10 pages towards the end, the book really heated up and when 6 - 10 pages later... the book ended in such an abrupt way. I feel like it they should have done that in the beginning.

The book was great either way. It was page-turning, deep, literally heart wrenching and perhaps a little painful to go through. A story about bullying and what would happen if the popular bullies get a taste of their own medicine.