najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Enchanted - Rachel Wells I've said this before, and I'm going to say it again. Can't YA paranormal indie books STOP being so uniformed. This book like many others before or after it have the same uniformed plot. Girl moves in with grandparent(s), finds out she's a paranormal, falls in love, gets kidnapped and nearly killed, gets saved by boyfriend who is a paranormal or a human, and then they live happily ever after. Names, place, type of paranormal and the bad guys are the only things that change.

For the record, Enchanted was a good book, I like the writing, some of the characters. Plus, the book entertained me and kept me occupied. Only problem is the endless loop of the same "Young Adult: Paranormal Romance Plot Curse". I would have liked this book way better if it were more unique and properly written to fit that uniqueness. The author is a good writer and is probably even better now. But seriously, get a new script please! Just because authors know they can self-publish now, doesn't mean you have to publish books that are just like the other books out there! Authors are supposed to be creative, bubbly if not dark and deep. Use whatever deepness and creativity you have and write a book that is unique!

I'm guessing, there's not much room for innovation since almost everything has been done before. But you never know. Maybe a great book will come out of it. For now, Enchanted is obviously a book that every YA author begins their writing career with.