najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Raven (The Raven Saga, #1) - Suzy Turner Suzy Turner is one of the many famous Indie authors online. And to have the honor to get a free copy for review, is very exciting!

My expectations for Raven were relatively low, I learned to not expect much since expectations ruin everything when they're disappointing. The beginning of the book was daunting and like many other books they were slow and I just couldn't wait till something big happened. When events started rolling in, they weren't exciting but it's enough to keep a reader reading.

Lillian is our main character. From what I understood she is only 14 years old and has been badly neglected by her so-called mother all her life. But when her parents disappear and she's forced to move in with her grandfather in Canada, everything starts to move faster. At the beginning, Lilly acted and talked like a 14 year old but when she got to Canada it's like she was 10 years older and her thoughts and actions are not what you expect from a girl her age. I don't know if that's what the author intended or not. So far it's not so realistic and I found that irritating a bit. I found Lilly kind of dull and it was hard for me to form a connection with her. Aside from Lily, all the other characters were okay and were fun to read about.

The storyline is the usual, girl's parents disappear or die then moves in with her grandparents then she finds out she's a sup (supernatural) and something big happens to her and she gets kidnapped and has a near death experience. Yep. The usual. Either way, the book was at least entertaining and kept me occupied. I don't think I'd like to read the second book after this.