najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Catching Jordan - Miranda Kenneally Catching Jordan makes me more attached to the Young Adult (YA) Contemporary genre. This book and everything like this book is the reason why I've been shuffling through YA contemporary romances. I just can't get enough and now I have to find another book to fawn over!

This was a wonderful novel about a female quarterback star going through Highschool, trying to figure out how to be a girlfriend, play some football and impress some recruits to get into an epic football program in college. I simply adored the storyline, the protagonist, her team (filled with guys) and her best friend. Jordan is the perfect character that teenage girls, who are tomboyish, can relate with. You know what they say, connecting with the readers is everything. And at this point, Miranda Kenneally has nailed it!

No matter how hard I try to put the book down, I couldn't. The book was a breeze to get through. The writing style and dialogue is perfect for its target audience and was incredibly clean and easy to read. The plot was unpredictable. The characters, Jordans friends, her brother and even her parents, were so easy to connect with that made it hard for me to pick my favorite character. Yea, it's that hard sometimes. Though there were lots of hilarious characters there were some that really infuriated me. The big one being Tyler Green. You'll have to find out why he was my least favorite yourself by picking up the book.

Catching Jordan is an absolutely wonderful book for teens especially when you're down in the dumps and you'd like to pick yourself up again. A definite comfort read for those who'd like to step out of their life for a bit. Personally, it was exactly what I needed. Please, tell me there's a book two!