najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Chaos - Megan Duncan I have been waiting for the sequel for ages and the second I received the Advanced Readers Copy, I tried as much as possible to read it whenever I got the chance in between work and Uni. But only today did I actually sit down and read it from cover to cover. And damn. It got scarier. I don't know how Megan comes up with this stuff.

So, the book started out with Abby and the fighters or 'warriors' of the base getting ready to fight Spider Demons. It was intense, descriptive and entirely page turning. It gets gory sometimes but it isn't as bad as I thought.

New characters came rolling in and I immediately grew attached to them. Abby, Max, Carter and Taya weren't the same after the attack they went through before they reached the base in New Mexico. Honestly speaking, I didn't remember much of the first book. I read it so many books back. It's hard to keep track. I was struggling to remember what happened last time and Megan gave us some peaks and ideas to remind us what happened the book before and I'm so grateful for that!

As the story went on, the plot thickens and the demons began to get more complicated and harder to figure out. It terrifies me, that Megan writes about a world that could be ours. Hell literally breaking lose and demons of all sizes and shapes with different capabilities started to walk amongst us and nearly wipes out human race. It makes me wish, I owed a katana or a shotgun.

Anyways, the best part of the book (besides the fighting and the demons) is probably how real everything seemed. How the characters are all big emotional messes, all trying to fight to hope and stay strong. How they experience real pain and emotions like they're supposed to in a situation like theirs and most of all, how each one of them have lost someone dear to them and they're fighting to stay alive just for them. All this really makes a reader connect strongly with each character.

As usual, I hate it when the books end. Especially, when things start to get good, and we are left with such a huge cliffhanger. Either way, I loved going through another thrilling, seat wrenching, intensifying dystopian book by Megan Duncan! Now, Megan, you know the drill! Go write some more!