najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

To Kill A Warlock - H. P. Mallory To Kill a Warlock is a perfect mix of humor, scarce action and really confusing romance that is thrown in to tickle the ladies. When I first read that Dulcie was a fairy, I was hesitating whether or not to read it. I didn't want to read about either a flesh-eating ugly creature or a sparkly, tinier version of a human. But because of a friends recommendation and the great reviews. I might as well jump to it. Dulcie, is not your typical tiny, sparkly, winged fairy. She's just like a normal person except for the fairy dust, magic and the pointy ears. She's an easy character to keep up with. She wasn't annoying or overwhelming like most of our heroines. For a read as light as this, she is just right.

We meet Dulcie while she is a slobbering, big, green booger. Yes, a booger. She was snooping around a dark arts store when a warlock called Fabian turns her into a booger, while she was distracted by a mysterious stranger. Go figure. She's pissed and totally grossed out which I found completely hilarious. She goes to her witch best friend hoping she could turn her back to her normal fairy self.

The characters were all written up and constructed pretty well! But a few still had one of those annoying characteristics that pop up more than their good ones. The scenario on the other hand was brilliant. Nationals of the Netherworld and Earth live along side each other openly and sort of peacefully, but having it a bit more realistic in terms of 'how easily us humans accepted the supernaturals' would have been better.

Overall, To Kill a Warlock is a firm, light and fun read, that will surely keep you entertained in one sitting. The plot may not be completely capturing but it still holds its own together enough to entertain us all. For readers who love the mix of entertaining characters, humor and paranormalcy.