najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

The Vampire Voss - Colleen Gleason Its been about almost more than a year since I've read a full on historical romance/regency book. And reading this was extremely refreshing. As a lover of all things Austen and Bronte this was almost of its like but with its own originality. Of course, this was more simple in terms of descriptions and dialogue. But all together great!

Okay fine, vampires are overrated. But come on! We've all contributed to its "overratedness" and you can't deny it at all. In this first installment in the Regency Draculia series, Vampire Voss likes playing games and sneaking around observing his peers and learning about their dirtiest and darkest secrets, which he uses against them. In all his years as a vampire, he has gained more enemies than friends. Throughout the entire book he had probably only one friend, who eventually turns on him somewhere. That wasn't a spoiler!

As handsome, dark and alluring Voss may be, he has met his "match" in the opposite gender. Angelica is stern, not all that kick-ass but someone you can realisticly connect with. I loved how her demeanor was portrayed and enjoyed her urge to go against society's morals.

As much as I liked the characters, the dialogue was even better, especially when everything was written so smoothly. The book was filled with many elements. My favorite being the historical bit and maybe the splash of paranormal here and there.

The plot had a wonderful introduction, peak and everything in between. It really does keep you reading and may seem a little rushed in places but that usually can't be helped.

Colleen Gleason has written an excellent book about duty, propriety and unconditional love. Along with her wonderfully written dialogue and sprinkles of humor, she almost had it perfectly. Definitely a good read for the historical lovers.