najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Forgive My Fins - Tera Lynn Childs Fluff meets Romance

Son of a swordfish! This book was good. Good in a pink, fluffy, excessively cute way. I never really gave much thought to mermaids. I was never attached to the concept nor did I like the Little Mermaid much. But reading a book of this fuzzy caliber. I guess, you can't help but love it.

Lily is half-human, and the other half being a mermaid. Duh. First thing I loved about her was her ocean terminology and how all her swear words were inspired by little critters in the deep blue sea, like holy blowfish! I say again, excessively cute. Lily is loyal to all her friends, mer or human. If someone speaks smack about them, she comes running to defend them. Only thing that ticked me off, is her blind obsession with her supposed soon to be "bond" (Marriage) mate, Brody and her endless self-pity. Thank Poseidon, Quince, her overly annoying human neighbor, is there to stop her from doing anything stupid. Well, almost.

Honestly, the only thing that kept me reading is Quince's mean and rude attitude towards Lily and how obvious their attraction is to each other. Quince knows this, but Lily. Well, like I said. She's blind. It was a predictable love and hate relationship but it was awesome!

So, the majority of the book was about Quince intentionally kissing Lily (which initiates the bond) in the dark (she thought he was Brody), and Lily trying to get them "separated" (sea equivalent to a divorce) from the bond. And that involves introducing him to her King Father from her Kingdom under the sea (She's a Princess). The entire time she's trying to get "separated" from him. She doesn't realize how fast she's falling for the guy until she makes a mistake with Brody.

Worst comes to worse, they make sacrifices and live happily ever after all the stupidity, rude remarks and hurt. I'm just happy it ended well.

Childs writing is clean, clear and amazingly vivid. She's got the writers gift that literally pulls you into the story. As much as the book would appeal to teens who like fluff. This isn't a guy friendly book, unless they're into that kind of stuff. At least, the fluff is romantic and energetic. An automatic fav amongst the soft hearted.