najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Bitten - Dan  O'Brien FBI Agent Lauren Westlake has a knack for investigating cold cases that seem to pop up again spontaneously in different parts of the U.S. Her new case leads her to a cold northern Minnesotan town, where a string of murders occurred. As the investigation gets deeper, everything starts to seem... supernatural.

I won't consider this book as a complete paranormal book. It seemed more plain fiction with a touch of paranormal, horror and suspense. To be honest, the book didn't seem so into suspense, it was more gorey than anything else. Definitely not a book for the faint-hearted.

The moment I hit the second chapter, I was lost. The way the book was narrated was very confusing, I even thought one of the main characters died because of the lack of distinction when introducing a new narration into the chapter. It was frustrating when I had to read back and try to get what was going on.

The writing style was different from what I'm used to. I didn't like it much. But the plot was stern and so were the side characters. The primary characters were easy to connect to but a long the way, I began to 'disconnect' from them. They weren't constructed well, and I just didn't care much for them along the way. Their dialogue didn't seem right for the type of the book but for some reason the secondary characters was well portrayed compared to the primary characters.

Bitten is an interesting indie book based on werewolves. Though I didn't like some bits of the book, I did enjoy the light romance, and the secondary characters. Due to its gorey content, I don't recommend this to the faint hearted, but maybe to the adventurous reader.