najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Shadow Of The Witte Wieven - Debbie Peterson Aliyana Montijo has been undercover for several months. Her mission is to find enough evidence to put a Colombian drug lord behind bars for life. But before that she has to become somebody else. Then something big happened to Aliyana while she was trying to escape while trying to gather evidence right from the source. Worst comes to worst, Aliyana’s gate-away motorbike disappears and she’s stuck with a small pilot plane as her only gate-away route. She flees the daunting drug lord’s lair (so-to-speak) and wonders in air trying to find a safe place to land. Instead, she crashes in the Bermuda Triangle and is left unconscious or so you think.

Beside her crash site, a ship called the Witte Wieven sees the accident and the Capitan of the ship (who is extremely hot) orders his men to save whoever is on the ship. And that's where the story begins.

At first, the whole beginning was so paranormal and urban fantasy-ish but as you get deeper into the story, it turns into a detective book (which I loved).

The setting of the book was marvelously described and thought of. Peterson really knows how to paint a picture for her readers. The same can be said for the characters. My favorites would be the men of the Witte Wieven crew. They had such a unique humor that I enjoyed thoroughly. And each one had a different backgrounds and characteristics.

Aliyana was a great character. But I felt as if there was something lacking from her. I can’t pinpoint what but there was something. She’s your strong loner, who has watched everyone around her die. She’s a little broken (I would be too), so there are hints of angst. As for Wolf, the Captain, he is definitely the kind of wise, old, sexy, and unearthly being I imagined in the beginning. I know for sure, a lot of people have probably gotten sick of the whole, tall, dark and handsome love interests. I, for one love it!

Furthermore, the plot was executed wonderfully. It was very present and strong and was leaning a lot more towards the detective-side more than the paranormal/fantasy side. I didn’t mind it much since there were elements of ghostliness towards the peak of the plot.

Overall, the book is an excellent and unique addition to the paranormal romance genre. It was a combination of excitement, mystery, supernatural events and romance (sometimes but rarely the corny type).

A wonderful paranormal romance that will keep you on your toes with giggles and thrill. Debbie Peterson is an author to look out for.