najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Red Fox - Karina Halle The Experiment of Terror show just went live with its first episode online. Now, Dex and Perry are off to their new "Experiment" in Red Fox, New Mexico, where a Navajo couple are being tormented by things that aren't really there. Random strange animals start coming into their home late at night when the doors are locked and stones are being thrown at their windows by an unknown creature. Dex and Perry's first thought was a poltergeist but they're wrong. The truth of it all lies in an old Navajo myth that seems almost too unreal to be believable. But Dex and Perry has no choice but to believe it after almost getting themselves killed.

Once again Karina Halle blows me away with her terrifyingly light horror series. I just can't get enough of it.

Perry Palomino is an amazing character. She's flawed and a bit crazy but she's fun and sometimes hilarious kind of girl. And the way Karina writes Perry's narration is beyond awesome. She really knows how to construct a character that any reader can connect to. To me Perry is like a big sister, the kind of big sister that has trouble getting a proper footing in life (reminds me of my own sister). The best thing about Perry is that she's not one of those whiny, awkward, strong and ridiculous protagonists we sometimes read about in the Young Adult (YA) genre. Perry is normal and incredibly realistic.

As for Declan Foray (Dex), you can say he is almost as normal as Perry. They're both almost alike. And no, hes not one of those extremely exaggerated hot men usually discussed in other paranormal books. This is definitely not your normal paranormal book.

My ultimate favorite parts of this book revolves around Dex and Perry's romance. I love how they both don't realize how they feel about each other until they're thrown into a situation where they had to act like a fake married couple. Thanks for that Karina!

Red Fox is the second installment to the Experiment of Terror series. It is not your normal supernatural book. Its horror at its lightest (almost) with the most real characters I've ever read. They're flawed and yet so entertaining. The Experiment of Terror Series is addictive and unbelievably unputdownable. A perfect mix of creepy, supernatural, originality and realism all rolled into a perfect blend of Dex and Perry!