najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Ditched: A Love Story - Robin Mellom At the beginning of the book, I found myself a little confused with how the transition of each chapter was like. Justina (our protagonist) is telling this 7-Eleven Clerk Gilda, about how she got ditched, starting from the very beginning of the night and even the very beginning of friendships and relationships. The transition was hard to get used to at first but when you do. The flow is amazing and the writing style just blows you away.

Robin Mellom managed to write realistic events that happen to real teenagers. She also got how teenagers are now-a-days right! Some authors get their 16-year-old protagonist all wrong by constructing them to act and talk like 40-year-olds. Now, Justina was well written and so was all the other characters who each played a colorful part in Robin's book. I'm really amazed. Robin Mellom has such a unique writing style. The way she wrote Ditched was beyond creative.

By the middle of the book, I realized that the book was written almost like a John Hughes movie and I love John Hughes and all his movies. This book is like a combination of the Pretty in Pink and Sixteen Candles with its own originality. By the end of the book and coincidentally the author thanked John Hughes for shaping her formative years. My guess was right!

Ditched: A Love Story is an amazing fluffy young adult contemporary romance. It had its exciting bits, its crazy bits, its funny bits and most of all it had romance. If Robin Mollem wrote and made movies. She would be the next John Hughes.

This is a guaranteed unputdownable book that's a perfect read for the young adult romance enthusiast.