najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Immortalis Carpe Noctem - Katie Salidas I started this series in high hopes of witnessing and reading all about a kick-ass heroine. And sadly, I was disappointed. To say the least, Alyssa is weak and not the heroine I expected at first. She was pathetic at times. Especially when she’s facing her enemies. As much as she’d love to be courageous. She was just naïve and stupid.

I’ll give the author some credit and say, yes. The plot was okay and the writing was great but it was all backed-up by a weak protagonist. I liked how it started out even though it was a terrible situation for Alyssa that nearly killed her. It was written fabulously well and along the way that fabness went away.

The first book of the Immortalis series could have been better. It might be great to some people but for me it wasn’t something as grand as I thought.

For its dramatic start, okay plot and great writing. I’ll give this installment a 2.5/5 stars in hopes that the next books will be better.