najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

The Girl in the Box - Sheila Dalton The Girl in the Box follows the story about Jerry Simpson, a Canadian psychoanalyst on vacation in Guatemala. He rescues Inez, a young Mayan girl who was chained and locked up in a windowless shed by her parents because they believed there was an animal in her.

As a paranormal reader, I usually don’t read these types of literary psychological novels. And the biggest surprise is. I liked it. The novel was researched and written beautifully. It was somewhat dark, very realistic and definitely movie dram potential. It was written in different point of views, mostly focusing on Caitlin Shaughnessy, a Canadian journalist and life partner of Jerry.

Inez is mute, possibly autistic, and has murdered Jerry, and Caitlin does everything in her power to find out what really happened and in the process writes a book about it. The Girl in the Box follows leads of many different types of people that I found amazingly well written and narrated.

Dalton is an amazing writer with skills way beyond any other author I have read and The Girl in the Box is a perfect specimen to showcase her epic skills that left me enlightened. This is definitely a read for the fiction lovers but not for the paranormal young adult readers.