najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Evanescence - Alexandra Pelaez Evanescence is actually a creature in the book. Alexandra describes it as looking like a beetle with a lizard tail and rows of teeth. It is also the size of a medium dog and it purrs like a cat. At first, it kind of freaked me out but as the story goes a long you'll actually start thinking these things are cute.

The book started well, during the year 2075 (or sometime after), it was written wonderfully and the transitions were smooth. The book was entirely easy to read and I loved the characters.

Mercedes Strand is our lead and she's extremely smart and such an incredible hacker. She helps out abused women and she's pretty much very selfless. She only does things for other people rather than herself. Then she's becomes a tool for in an elite's plan for revenge on a vampire named Shadow, who by the way is incredibly hot. How Mercedes and Shadow met was sort of original but the love between them was kind of... I don't know. I always complain about the whiny types of love. But the whining mostly came from Shadow. I know right. Can't blame him for trying to protect his love.

Despite a few flaws here and there. The impact of the book is a little weak but I'm sure Alexandra will be writing it better with each book in the series. I'm looking forward to reading the next book when it comes out.