najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Savor (Warm Delicacy, #1) - Megan Duncan Amongst dozens of vampire based Young Adult novels there is always one in a dozen that stands out amongst them. This is one in that dozen that stands out the most with its bright maroon/red cover and the amazing mix of dystopian, modernization, monarchy and vampires.

In the beginning we meet our main character Claire as she gets ready for her issuing of her Donor ID now that she's 18. In this world Megan created for us, we all each live in different regions wherein a vampire King reins amongst the humans. But in this region instead of brutally killing humans for blood like in the dark ages, humans donate their blood to the system monthly for the vampires. This clearly gives the region a sense of peace between humans and vampires.

As Claire's blood goes through testing before she gets her official Donor ID, the blood is tested and is concerned one of the purest of blood seen amongst the humans for years. And this catches the eyes of the King and the royal family. And they want Claire to be heir of their throne and their new daughter and Princess.

We follow Claire as she moves into the home of her new family and the process between her humanity all the way to her coronation and further. Claire holds a stern character that I liked a lot and immediately clicked with her character. She wasn't annoying or overly overwhelming. She was just the kind of teen I love to read about. Despite the fact that she had to leave her home and away from her friends and mom for perhaps forever, she rather took it well. If I was thrown in that situation I wouldn't be able to handle leaving my family that way.

The secondary characters were all easily liked. Especially Robin with her enthusiasm and cheerfulness I liked her immediately. But of course, there are those characters that you can’t help but loathe with their antagonist complex and such. Grr’s at them! Then out of nowhere Megan teases us with a shadowy hot figure in the distance that Claire can’t see but feels a strong bond for. Then Megan had to add in the whole whispering hotness that he is. And when we’ve finally met him she has to end the book! Of course, it was all before the fighting bits and the explosion which I found exciting but I won’t go further into.

Megan Duncan wrote such a beautifully written novel with few details and still managing to get the message out there. The storyline, love and bonds were realistic and new. An unputdownable read filled with love, family, and pure guardian hotness that annoyed me that it had to end. I look forward to Indulge!