najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

The Wedding Gift - Kathleen McKenna Most readers would say they hated this book because of how it's being narrated by a "redneck hillbilly Sookie Stackhouse" and for them to say such a thing about a book and its character is ridiculous. I'm open-minded enough to present to you The Wedding Gift. It was narrated by a 17-year-old Corn Princess Leanne Worthier from Dalton, Oklahoma who may be a little "loose" and got herself pregnant and married into a rich family at a young age. She was given a house as a wedding gift from her in-law's and she wasn't too happy about it because of the fact that an entire family was murdered in it including the "murderer" who killed herself after doing the big K.O. on her own family.

I admire Ms. Kathleen for writing such a "character" like Leanne into such a scary and thrilling plot. I didn't mind how Leanne was and how she talked and acted. I'm pretty open-minded to see a book for its plot and how it's written. I enjoyed the book. It had stern characters which all played a part in the story and my favorite would be Jessie, who is Leanne's best friend. I loved how strong-willed and outspoken she was. Usually, the main characters would be the one to hold these characteristics and I'm happy this is something new out there.

The beginning of the book was a little dragging but began to instantly pick-up when the ghost stories rolled in. It was completely chilling and gory. The ending was amazing and how Leanne found out what really happened in that house at the time of the murders and what to do about it. A real mysterious story that I loved till the end.

Kathleen, managed to write and describe each gruesome scene that will send chills down your spine. Her writing was wonderfully executed and her characters made me laugh, cry and scared the living day-lights out of me. I am glad to have received a review copy from the author herself and I appreciate her patience while I read and reviewed this book.

This book is not for young readers.