najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

The Goddess Test - Aimee Carter Kate's mom is dying and her last wish is to return to her childhood home, where Kate has to start fresh. New home. New school. Things start to change when she meets dark, and hunting Henry, who claims to be Hades, the God of the Underworld. He also claims that he can keep her mother alive if she passes seven tests.

Of course, Kate thinks he's crazy, but the same moment she thought it, he brought a girl back from the dead. And now, she wants nothing more than to keep her mother alive, until she's ready to say goodbye. And if she passes all seven tests, Henry won't fade into the beyond and Kate will become immortal, a goddess, and his bride.

As usual, the book began with moving into a new town, in a new school, with new people. Kate begins school and is immediately making friends. Which isn't her thing, but James this weird dude, who follows her into the school building is intrigued by Kate, and therefore, decides to become immediate 'Besties' with her. I didn't like how easily the friendship came and such. But I overlooked that, the moment Henry came in with the next cliche thing; 'The hot, mesmerizing guy' of the story. I was so happy Carter wrote Kate and Henry's love, in such a way, that they 'fell' in love with each other in time. That made me warm up to the story.

Kate is a loner, the kind who would prefer to stay home, and take care of her cancer-ridden mother, than go out, and have some fun. I admire that about her. It's hard to give up half of your teenage years, to do the mature thing. She's determined to do anything to keep, the people she loves safe and alive. Though I didn't warm up to her straight away I admired her.

The plot was different, it involved Greek Mythology, a fresh twist into the Young Adult Paranormal Fiction. I found going back to the past with Kate, really interesting and the flow of information wasn't too much to handle. The storyline started becoming captivating even though some parts were a bit predictable, I loved the flow of words and the book continued to be very easy to read till the end.

The romance between Henry and Kate grew like it usually does in real life. They are friends first, then slowly more than that later. I enjoyed their romantic get togethers and how sweet they are with each other. This is something to look forward to when reading this book.

After the book ended, the story left me thinking of what would happen next. The book is memorable and a new turn in YA fiction, that should flourish amongst other authors. I enjoyed the book, and I'm looking forward to see what else Aimee Carter has in store for us.