najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

The Apocalypse Gene - Suki Michelle, Carlyle Clark POSTED HERE: http://unputdownablebookies.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-tour-reviewgiveaway-apocalypse.html

I can’t imagine living in a world like the one Michelle and Clark created in Apocalypse Gene but then again it’s just a magnified version of our current world. Where everything is online and cybertised. It wasn’t only futuristic but it held a mix of sci-fi, dystopian, paranormal with a dash of folklore.

The world itself was overwhelming and remarkable that you can’t help but love going through the entire thing with the books protagonists Mikah and Olivya. Who are romatically involved and to tell you the truth it's the kind of romance I love! It was the realistic kind that does not involve a love triangle. Thank you Michelle & Clark for writing it that way!

Along the way into this awesome story, I did get lost a bit. It was a little too much of an information overload on how the situation started, who is to save it, how it works, the background of each group in the society and every being, etc. But it was fascinating. A new world created by 2 awesome authors. Even the vocabulary held its qualities, like Cy-Chi, Aether, Codex Spawnicus, Doom-Crier, Kindred, exvolution, psionic, Indigs, etc. Amazing stuff all of it.

Overall, the characters were loveable and determined, the story was an epic mix of all the genres I love. A masterpiece waiting to shine behind the equally great cover and awesome descriptive writing that I can’t help but praise. An Unputdownable read that is guaranteed to fill your need for action, thrill and sweet moments of near death experiences and just fluffy cuddles with our two protagonists.