najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Bloodlines - Richelle Mead The long awaited spinn-off of Richelle Mead's successful series "Vampire Academy" is finally here and has finally planted itself within my grasp.

Unlike many other readers I remained impassive to what the book would be like and never expected it would be as great as Vampire Academy. And I was right to do so. I began to like the book for itself and not because it was related excessively to the VA series.

Bloodlines is the first of possible many more books to come that begins the story of young Alchemist Sydney and her journey to keeping a princess alive from any possible attack by being uncover far away from the princess' and Sydney's home.

Sydney is sometimes uptight, organized and very responsible of everything around her. I immediately connected with her when the book started and all the way to the end. She was very well written and portrayed and I enjoyed reading everything she goes through and how uncomfortable she is around Vampires. The book had characters that balanced the story out. The right number of bad guys and the right number of good guys and neither side was exaggerated which adds extra points into the story.

The story-line took me by surprised with its little plot twist here and little plot twist there. It was engrossing enough but didn't hold an exaggerated piece of the "wow" factor. What really made up for the less wow factor was the overall mysteries that Sydney had to figure out and the action at the end and every bit of the amazing descriptions Mead wrote from page one onwards. I'm looking forward to reading more from the series soon!