najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Elemental: The First - Alexandra May Elemental and everything about this book was unpredictable. I was amazed at how the writing immediately drew me in. It was neither boring or blah if you know what I mean. It was written with the right amount of detail and creativity from the author. She showed confidence and determination in her writing and thats exactly the kind of feel each book needs to have. Confidence and Determination.

Our protagonist is a 16 year old gifted girl named Rose who I was glad to notice was a little bit more mature than the other teens I've been reading on about in different types of YA books. But that particular thought was destroyed by an incident during a meaningless fight that could have been avoided if it weren't for her exaggerations and meaningless talk. I know that its how some teens are. They're winey and manage to always magnify a tiny problem and authors are just portraying what they see in teens in general.

The best part about Rose was that she was mature enough to measure her priorities and always manages to come up with a plan during drastic moments. I did enjoy the secondary characters even though I had a bad feeling about all of them from the beginning. I wasn't keen on any of them and I thought from the moment they popped into the story that they'd end up turning the tables and ended up being the bad guys. But in books, its a scenario that always seem to happen. The plot is stable and runs along very nicely it didn't seem slow but was well paced which reminded me a lot of how Cynthia Hand wrote Unearthly (also another book that I loved completely). This was a new reading experience for me.

Alexandra May has a wonderful perception of writing and is gifted with such a beautiful talent. Shes managed to write with an easy flow words and a strong plot and amazing characters that will turn into a magnificent series that will surely spread worldwide like wildfire. Teens will surely love this read.

Awesome book! You must read it!