najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Intoxication--A Suspense Thriller - Tim Kizer Intoxication is a collection of horror/suspense short stories that is said to appeal both Stephen King and Dean Koontz fans. I've read only a bit of Stephen King and nothing of Dean Koontz so I can't really compare.

At first I didn't know what I was getting into. Like usual, I prefer not to read the summary and just go straight into the story just to surprise myself. And it did. The story line for all 3 stories were solid but the writing seemed choppy but I guess that'll be easily fixed with further writing projects from the author himself.

The first of which was called Intoxication, I felt that it was the longest story in this novelette and the one that confused me the most. But I still enjoyed it despite its choppy sentence structure and best of all it was something new for me to read.

My favorite of the 2 would be Hitchhiker. It had an interesting plot even when the story was short. It had its suspense, horror and even some irony tossed in there. As the story goes a long I can't help but notice the style of writing it was different from other authors and again wasn't something but can evolve to something in Kizer's coming books.

Tim Kizer managed to write himself 2 good solid stories in one and it kept me reading but it isn't enough for me to read more. But then again. This isn't my genre but either way. I liked it enough to say it kept me reading from start to finish. 3.5/5 stars!