najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Personal Demons - Lisa Desrochers The book immediately started with sarcasm (which is a great start) from our first protagonist Luc. He’s dark, handsome and oh so devilish so to speak. He makes girls fawn over him and he doesn’t fail doing the same to Frannie. As he begins his crusade to tag Frannie’s soul by making her sin with one of the 7 deadly sins he begins to feel different and by that he began “feeling” which is bad since demons don’t feel what humans feel like love, hurt, angst, sadness, etc.

The plot progresses and gets a little deeper as Luc’s rival arrives in his white gloriousness. Gabriel is the embodiment of joy and love and between these two boys who keep popping out where ever Frannie is. Frannie can’t decide who she likes best which annoys me. Frannie becomes indecisive and unsure about everything despite her strong will and self-control and at one point she began to look more like the demon than Luc is.

She struggles with both boys and the boys struggle with her. Tagging becomes difficult for the boys, the longer they are around Frannie. Things continue on and slowly I think- “Wait, I’ve read this somewhere before” the love bits become more scripted and more like almost every other book but the best thing about this one is that we’re reading it not only from Frannie’s point of view but Luc’s as well. I enjoyed reading how a demon starts feeling and realizes what he feels is really love and its safe to say the descriptions of his feelings are really note worthy and I praise Desrochers for that.

Despite the books usual love triangle and indecisive heroines a reader would find this read unique in its own way and with Luc’s POV the story has become more interesting and even unputdownable because a reader can’t help but want to know what happens next with Luc.