najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Griffin Rising (Book One: Earth) - Darby Karchut Posted in: http://unputdownablebookies.blogspot.com/

Before I begin with what I thought of Griffin Rising. I'd like to thank Darby Karchut, the Author, for allowing me to read an ARC of this amazing book as well as giving me a chance to read, and review my first ARC. Thank you so much Darby!

Immediately after I started reading I was enthralled at how realistic the characters were. I really became attached to Griffin our Tiro and Basil our Mentor. I like how I shared something in common with Griffin as well as felt like he was really a friend. I love it when books make me feel like that! Griffin was such a different protagonist. I think he was my first male protagonist. My gosh. I need to read more. Basil as well was just the right fatherly figure and mentor for our Griffin! I enjoyed the humor between the two and loved watching Griffin progress as a Tiro as well as a person. Nicopolis is the evil sod, when I thought he got what he deserves he bounces back like a freaking ball. WHY YOU SO ANNOYING Nicopolis! WHY?!

I really enjoyed reading how Fin and Basil are together. Its part of why I love this book. Also, Griffins relationship with Katie also makes me smile and love this book more!

Overall, this is one of the best Debut YA books I've read all year. It had a strong plot with strong characters that you can't help but love. Darby will keep you reading with her easy writing and clean details! On top of that it is a guaranteed unputdownable book! It will definitely keep you reading to the very end. I can't wait for the next installment because the ending was so unexpected!