najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Firespell - Chloe Neill The book started relatively slow. It bored me a little but my passion for reading was stronger so I continued on. The main character Lily was your typical heroine. The start of the book kind of reminded me of Fallen because of how Lily transfers schools and meets her new punk best friend just like Lucinda. But I shouldn't really compare.

Anyways, the book started slow but picked up after 100 and something pages and began to get really exciting not as exciting as I'd like it to be but still exciting. This is my first encounter with hmmm... Adepts or shall I call them witches. Whatever. They're basically the same thing right? Oh wait no. They're different. -.- Reading so many paranormal books at the same time confuses the hell out of me.

I enjoyed reading the book. It had all the needed elements. A little angst, friendship, excitement, girlie bits, accidents, sweetness and of course your usual hottie. I expected a little more from the book but then again I wasn't that disappointed. The book was still a good read and I like it enough to read the rest and see what will happen next. I like Chloe's writing style it was easy to read and not too much into details but still paints a good picture. An average good book and a nice addition to my read pile. 3.5/5 stars.