najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

The Laughing Corpse - Laurell K. Hamilton The book started off pretty quick. A murder here, a murder there. I enjoyed it because of how Hamilton never leaves any breathing space for Anita. She just keeps on coming home wanting to go to sleep only to be dragged out of her bed by a creepy crawlie. Hamilton had some major writing juice when she wrote this. I am amazed at how much action she can squeeze into 290 pages. I am impressed! I enjoyed this from page one onwards.

One more thing that motivates me into reading is my urge to find out what will happen between Anita and Jean-Claude. The relationship building is so freaking slooooow! I know, I was okay with it and all but seriously, it has been 3 books already and they barely kissed! Anita deserves some love! GIVE IT TO HER! The poor thing is such a workaholic. Another thing I want to add is the fact that Jean-Claude never comes to her rescue (not that she needs it) but seriously. There is not one drop of damsel-in-distress concept in these pages. Anita takes care of herself! But its nice to see someone take care of her for once. Its making me feel really bad for her. All these problems and no ones there to even help. -.- I'm so deeply connected to Anita.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone below 18 because of the gore, blood and graphic murder scenes. But everyone above that! If you like major ass kicking heroines who never needs back-up! This read is for you. Hamilton manages to write another unputdownable read that never goes below my expectations! Brilliant!