najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr One word "Wow". I'll try to keep this short. :D

At the beginning, I spaced out more and more with each chapter then I slowly got drawn in and bam! I couldn't put the book down. It was great.

The characters were edgy and different, not your usual preppy protagonists but tattooed and edgy! I loved it. Though the pet Boa was a little too much. (I hate snakes) So our heroine wasn't too whiny or too needy. But headstrong and sensitive. Just the way I like it. I loved how she tried to stand her ground and fight for what she wants and believes in which is staying mortal or living like a mortal.

Her love interests on the other hand are like hot and cold. I love, love! Marr's descriptions of them were elaborate and I must say. They're both hotties! I don't know which of them I loved the most.

Aside from Aislinn (the heroine), there's Donia who plays a big part in the plot. She was annoying at first then again she was doing particular things because she was vowed to. I grew a fondness towards her quickly. Shes my fav now.

The Winter Queen is like every other winter queen. Cruel like a tyrant that she is. She reminded me a lot of the Ice Queen in The Chronicles of Narnia. They both were cynical, sarcastic and EVIL! But she was a good antagonist even though her part at the end happened too easily.

The ending was well written and it was just amazing and very exciting. :D This ending did not make me feel sad or anything like that instead it made me happy. So now, the ending itself deserves its star of its own.

Overall, Melissa Marr's writing was good, though I wasn't a big fan of her dialogue. I couldn't sometimes understand it which is odd for me. The book was well paced and somewhat easy to read. But the book would have been better if it weren't in 3rd person. Also, the book seemed very predictable. Every time an instance occurs. I would directly know what would happen next. Despite that fact, I still enjoyed the book. It was a great read. So 4/5 stars for this book! Pick it up, its a good read. :D I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

Naj @ http://unputdownablebookies.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-wicked-lovely-by-melissa-marr.html