najlaqamber

Unputdownable Books

Udręka - Lauren Kate Torment picks up where Fallen ends with the usual recap. When I started getting into the beginning of the book I felt like I was dragging my feet. Maybe it was just me but I was starting to get a little boring. But I went about it the wrong way. I continued to read it for the sake of finishing it and I got so into it. I just didn't stop.

Lets start with when Luce gets dumped in Shoreline school by Daniel for protection. She meets new people and colorful new characters for the series. One particular character caught my eye the most was Shelby. I disliked her at first because she was snotty and just plain old mean. But then she started to warm up to me and by the end of this book you'll love her. There are few more new characters you'll love but I'll let you figure that one out while you read the book.

Moving on to Daniel, who really started irritating me, he always keeps Luce in the dark and continues to do so like shes some sort of a child. Since you sneak by and see her why not tell her whats shes hiding from and what exactly is going on. How hard can that be?

At first I loved the pairing and all but in the middle of the book with all the romantic scenes and the little arguments his attitude towards her really irritated me exceedingly. Then again, I feel really sorry for Luce's naivety and ignorance. But you can't really blame her for being stubborn and stupid at the same time since she has no clue whats going on which leads her to do some digging of her own in dangerous parts of creepy forests trying to look into the windows of her past lives. She goes into this journey into the past with her new friends at Shoreline.

Finally, the ending of this sequel was so EPIC that it had me on my toes. I just couldn't stop reading until the very last page and when I turned to the next page expecting more. It had that "Look out for PASSION" and that made me go "NO WAY!". Yes, it was that exciting and great!

Overall, Lauren Kate's writing is very unpredictable with this one! I enjoyed the book a lot and she really wrote this just to have us on our toes with excitement. I loved it and recommend it.

- Naj @ (http://unputdownablebookies.blogspot.com/)